Proper care and maintenance is crucial to maximising the life of your bake ware. Mackies recommends implementing the following procedures:
• Pans and trays should not be subjected to "burning in" prior to use and empty pans should never be placed in hot ovens. Putting a dough piece in every pan is recommended to avoid damage to coating and pan material. Bake ware and non stick liners should not be placed directly on oven element or open flame.
• Daily use of a limited amount of good quality vegetable oil when using Panglazed pans and trays including perforated products. MackEZE PLUS coated pans and non stick liners require no oil lubrication.
• After use, pans/trays and bakery release sheets should be wiped over with a damp cloth and stored in a dry area. Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners. Perforated items require particular attention so that holes do not become clogged with grease and/or ingredients build up. A soft brush is recommended. Pans/trays should not be immersed in water or other solution and never stored in the prover. A humid environment is a sure way to invite rust and coating breakdown.
• Excess oil will result in heavy carbon build up that will lead to spotted or discoloured product. Dusting flour, seeds and other ingredients will adversely affect the life and release qualities of the coatings and careful removal of such in the cleaning process should be carried out so that pan life is not overly compromised.
• Pans/trays should be stored in racks or cross stacked where possible to prevent damage from nesting. Bakery release sheets should be stored flat or rolled. Scrapers and other sharp objects should be kept well away from pans, tray and liners. Care should be taken in the de panning process so that pans/trays are not subject to harsh treatment leading to denting and pan dislodgement from brace.
• All chrome and mild steel products should be soft brushed free of flour dust and seeds and wiped free of excess build up. They should not be immersed in water or other cleaning agents that would induce coating breakdown or rust.
• Stainless steel items may be washed with warm soapy water but should be rinsed and dried off prior to storage.